8th-12th Grade Students are invited to join us in Houston for the 2018 ELCA National Youth Gathering!
Registration is open! For right now the steps to register are:
- Let Elliot know you want to go.
- Pay $50 per person non-refundable deposit by November 15th*.
- Get your paper work from Elliot and fill it out.
- Attend monthly fundraisers and preparation meetings.
*See "Cost" section below.
For more general information about what we will do at the gathering, what it will be like, where it is, etc. visit www.elca.com/youthgathering.
- Cost: We estimate the total cost of the gathering to be around $600 per person. We are asking participants to pay $200* of their own money and to fundraise the rest with us. $50 will be due by November 15th for early registration. *After November 15th, registration goes up $40 and we will ask participants to pay that extra cost, bringing the total cost for each late registration for to $240.
Early Registration Payment Schedule
$50 due November 15th.
$50 due January 1st.
$100 due March 1st.
Financial Assistance is available, let us know if you need help!
- Transportation: We will most likely be sharing charter busses with our Synod to get to and from Houston. This relieves any stress of driving and also allows us to build community with our Synod! When our travel plans are finalized we will let you know!
- Lodging: When we register as a congregation we will be assigned a hotel right by the NRG Park by the Gathering.
- Expectations: Participants are expected to attend either Sunday morning or Wednesday night Fellowship Student Ministry programming. Participants are expected to contribute as much as they are able to monthly fundraisers and make every effort to attend preparation meetings. At our preparation meetings our team will create a team covenant outlining how we expect to treat each other and those we encounter at the gathering, and we will review a code of conduct which all participants are expected to adhere to.